Pro Camera 2D - The definitive 2D & 2.5D Unity Camera Plugin
Pro Camera 2D goal is to provide a AAA quality camera to every game developer out there using Unity. With its modular approach, comprehensive list of features and built from the ground up with a focus on speed and usability, this is the Unity camera plugin you need for your game. See it in action!
Pro Camera 2D was nominated for the prestigious Unity Awards 2016 on the "Asset Store" category.
IMPORTANT! — Pro Camera 2D and all extensions also work with perspective (3D) cameras and at any orientation (XY, XZ and YZ). This means Pro Camera 2D can be used not only for regular 2D games, but also for any 3D game with camera movement on a 2D plane.
How it works
- The core is where all the magic happens. It’s as light and optimised as possible and it basically takes care of knowing where things are and how to move there.
- Extensions bring the extra features that your camera may need by building on top of the Core, and you can combine them all for powerful and impactful solutions. Since they’re not part of the Core, unused extensions have NO OVERHEAD on your performance. Currently there are 19 extensions, but you can easily create your own using Pro Camera 2D’s powerful architecture.
- The triggers, like extensions, bring additional features for your camera. However, triggers live inside your game but outside the camera itself. They are objects on your game that when the camera reaches them it triggers some action. New custom triggers are extremely easy to create as well!
Easy to use
- Pro Camera 2D was designed from the ground-up to be accessible to any game designer or developer. If you’re just getting started you’ll love the simplicity of our editor, but if you’re an hardcore developer you can tweak, control and extend every aspect with the powerful API we built for you.
- Built with C# and always with performance as a top priority, Pro Camera 2D has a very small footprint that allows it to run smoothly on all supported Unity platforms including older mobile phones.
- Although Pro Camera 2D is crammed with features, not all of them will be useful for your game. But don't worry, with its unique modular approach you can precisely enable only what you need. Unused features have NO OVERHEAD on your game performance!
- Pro Camera 2D is an essential tool for hundreds of Unity users, but more importantly, it's been used for released, and award-winning, games on multiple platforms. Check the Showcase for a few examples!
- If there's something you see missing or if you have some specific need to your game, don't worry - you get full source code access, filled with useful comments, which you can easily extend to fit your specific needs! Creating an extension or trigger is super simple. See how on the User Guide!
- Your one-time purchase gives you lifetime access to all future updates (over 30 just in the past year!). Check the changelog to see what’s on the pipeline and if you have some requests or suggestions, get in touch!
- Reach out any time and you’ll get a guaranteed response, usually within less than 24h. Jump into the Unity forums, tweet or just fill the contact form and I’ll do my best to get back to you ASAP.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — "Must have for my 2D projects! Thanks for the awesome tool!"
Tony Coculuzzi, Cuphead Lead Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — "Incredible tool! I can see how much thought has been put into this."
Joāo Costa, Tower Slash Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — "The missing camera! Finally i’ve got a professional and pixel perfect camera for my 2d platformer."
Cem Koker, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — "Amazing! Clean, Complete, Playmaker support and in 2 minutes I could understand everything."
Kale, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “Really great! Don’t waste time developing a camera, just get this! ... I wish I had this when I first started using Unity!”
Async0x42, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “A must have for any 2D game! Amazing, and super easy to use. Thank you for creating a great product!”
iRhikyu, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “Should be an Unity awards candidate... if you are developing a 2d game, buy it and you won’t regret it at all.”
Julian Oliden, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “Amazing Asset... Highly recommended. Don’t waste time rolling your own camera code.”
Dan Marshall, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “This plugin is the business... Well worth the cost for the days of dev time it saved me.”
Paul Kopetko, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “Focus on your game, not your camera! Highly recommended!”
Thomas Gorence, Unity Developer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ — “Hands down the best asset I have purchased... This asset covers it all.”
Matthew Kleinrock, Unity Developer